Thursday, May 18, 2006

Who am I kidding?


I just finished weaving in the ends, which is not an easy task with mercerized cotton, and I steamed the whole sheepang. I don't know when I will be able to block it, so here is the picture of my first pinwheel blanket. It was made with Super 10 multi cotton, color orange juice, knitted with 4.5 mm circular needles and it's 40 inches in diameter. The beginning is not very professional, but it'll do. I don't think I'll do another one of these blankets. It was not as much fun as I thought it would be. The damned YO's! Anything else? Just glad it's done.
Oh, yeah - the border is knitted on garter stitch and I had the idea from one of Elizabeth Zimmermann's books. She was a genius. This border was the most fun with this work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abigale said...

Hi Monika!

Beautiful work on the Pinwheel Baby Blanket!!

I'm so glad you're enjoying the EZ books - she was indeed a genius! I think I got Knitting Without Tears about 13 years ago - I have all of her books now, and I definitely credit her with making me a better knitter, and it really helped me to look at my knitting in a new way.

The socks are coming out just gorgeous as well... One comment/helpful advice... Usually when I dye yarn I put into a skein or a hank first - the dye is able to penetrate better that way, and it doesn't take nearly as long to dry. It will be interesting to see what happens as you move farther up the leg, I'm betting that the colors fade out - but I think it will look pretty cool. I just love the colour pooling that you're getting.

Anyway - have fun!!

Abi

Melissa said...

I think it's gorgeous!