Saturday, June 24, 2006

Curve of Pursuit and Courthouse Step

I'm on the 8th square with the Curve of Pursuit. The pattern calls for 12 squares (in two colores) but I would like to make it bigger, if I have enough yarn. This is an absolutly amazing pattern which I LOVE! The only thing is, the mercerized cotton I'm using is a bit stiff but shiny. I don't care much for it, but stash is stash. I'm going to make another one for sure and will use some wool for it and in colors I like. These are fine too, but not exactly mine, if you know what I mean.


And there's this little thing, which I threw on this spikey bush and it grabbed it right away. This is going to be a Courthouse Step Blanket. I LOVE the yarn I'm using. It's Longmeadow from Valley Yarns bought at Webs. It's 60% cotton and 40% Microfiber -has a fantastic feel to it. It's soft but still substantial.
All the other projects are on back burner right now. I LOVE blankets in case you don't know yet. It's hard to decide which one to work on first. Feeling bad about the unfinished curtains? - Nope.

5 comments:

Mariella said...

Oh I just love this one! I think I will be buying that Mason Dixon book soon!

Anonymous said...

The log cabin is fantastic, and I love what you've taken on next. Can't wait to see more.

Pooch said...

The Curve of Pursuit is amazing! It looks like it would be fun-fun-fun to make! The colors are so pretty even if they aren't "yours". :)

Carrie K said...

The curve of pursuit looks great! That's in the MDK book?(like I can't just go check my copy).

[adding one more Must Knit to my list].

Anonymous said...

Love your swirly/curvy log-cabiny blanket. It's so funny that you're not liking the cotton - I wish I'd knit mine in cotton and not wool!

Are you knitting it from the real pattern or just some common sens/trial and error efforts from your own brain?