Sunday, November 12, 2006

Celtic Waves Scarf finished!





This scarf would have deserved a sunny day for picture taking, but there's no sun at all. It's like Narnia here!
I'm in LOVE with this yarn. It's Sea Silk by Hand Maiden. Wonderful! It's got fantastic drape and it's cool to the touch. It's shiny (oooh, shiny) and smelly, I don't care about the smell. The Lady at the yarn store told me the tale, that this yarn has vitamins in it and if you wear it around your throat (or anywhere next to your skin) it will be absorbed. She said, this is actually yarn which is good for your health! ;o)
Well, I would have bought it anyway and this story scared me a bit. What about the dyes in the yarn. Will they be absorbed into the skin as well? Nevertheless, it's so beautiful and should I really tell you? - I've got more of it! Different colors too!

yarn: Hand Maiden Sea Silk 70% silk 30% sea cell, 100g = 400 meters
needle: 3.5mm; I've only used 80g of the yarn.
pattern: stitch pattern from the book "200 ripple stitch patterns" by Jan Eaton
size: 7 1/2" X 64 " after blocking (I hate blocking)

14 comments:

Debi said...

It's absolutely beautiful Monika! Love that colorway!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Don't you just love that feather and fan pattern? It can even make dishcloth yarn look good. Of course that sea silk is yummy! I really enjoy your projects on your blog. Hope your canine baby is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday, dear monika!
42- you are but a baby!
have a good year to come.
knitting bigger garments is fun, and a challenge! i wish you'd come to our circle at mary's yarns in unionville. we would certainly encourage and support AND you would inspire us with all your lovely knitting.
the scarf is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautifull colorway. Can only imagine how it will look in the sunlight. Great work on the socks too.

Anonymous said...

Your Celtic Waves scarf is so so pretty. I really want to try some of that sea silk it looks luscious. No colds or flu for you this winter after absorbing all those wonderful sea vitamins. (Even though you hate blocking, you sure do a good job - those points are perfect!)

Anonymous said...

I love the scarf! It always amazes me how versatile the sea silk is

Anonymous said...

Wunderschön. Ich bin total begeistert von dem Schal.
LG Petra

Connie said...

Your Sea Silk scarf is fantastic. I hate blocking too! But it's so worth it to get something like you've got!

Martina said...

Wow and wonderful! The Pansy socks are great too! Glad to hear Sam is doing well!

Violiknit said...

That is a beautiful scarf! The colors are great and they fit the pattern beautifully.

Martina said...

I just noticed Sea Silk and Waves go together! I am sometimes easily amused!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous! I love it!

Monica said...

the scarf is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

My gosh, this is beautiful! What a gorgeous colorway, and the pattern is just perfect too! And so are your socks from the previous entry - I'm totally stunned by the amazing work you're doing!