Tuesday, March 12, 2013

FatCatKnits sock blank socks

If I remember correctly I've shown you sock blank socks # 1 already. I had five of them, and today I will just sum it up. I enjoyed knitting them all. My sock blanks were single thread, not like most, which or double stranded, so that the socks will turn out exactly the same. Mine are similar, and I think Ginny did a great job dyeing them. Here we go:

sock blank socks # 2:

merino sock blanks dyed by Ginny of FatCatKnits

FatCatKnits sock blank socks II

sock blank socks # 3

merino sock blanks dyed by Ginny of FatCatKnits

FatCatKnits sock blank socks III

sock blank socks # 4

merino sock blanks dyed by Ginny of FatCatKnits

FCK sock blank socks # 4

FCK sock blank socks # 4

sock blank socks # 5

merino sock blanks dyed by Ginny of FatCatKnits

FatCatKnit dyed sock blank socks # 5

FCK-sock blank socks # 5

# 5 is my least favorite, but the yarn (Merino) is wonderful. I wash them in the washing machine, and even put them in the dryer sometimes. I love wearing them. I gave a pair away as a gift too. It was fun, and now I'm back to knitting regular socks with wonderful sock yarn from my stash. So much to choose from ....

♥ ♥ ♥


23 comments:

cauchy09 said...

they are all beautiful socks. and they make me want to knit! :o)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I think number 4 is my favourite!

Rhonda said...

I love them all. The girls and I made ours yesterday, we can't wait to knit them up.

Cassy said...

Those are incredible! Number 2 and 4 are my favorites. This really makes me want to try out some koolaid dyeing on some sock blanks. It's amazing how they turn out after looking at the fabric.

Samantha said...

I adore all of them! I need me some sock blanks and some dye!!!

Anita Knits said...

Love them all especially the green ones.

knottygnome said...

it's really interesting how the colors translate from blank to sock. i think #3 blank was my least favorite but made my most favored pair of socks.

Anonymous said...

I need some sock blanks! Beautiful work.

Unknown said...

Wow, interesting knitting! And they do look so different as socks! No 3 is my favourite, but they all look great!

Anonymous said...

So lovely!! Number 4 is my favourite. You always have such wonderful things to share!

Just when I start to think I may know knitting a little, you show off your latest project and I realize I have so much more to learn!

Off to spend some time learning about sock blanks....

Mrs. A

Pat said...

I want a pair of sock #4 - these were your custom dyes though, right? I may have to do this....

Sharon said...

Sock blank #4 are my favorite, but I like them all. Maybe I should get a couple of blanks.

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful! I have been crocheting so much lately, you have now inspired me to get back to my sock knitting. Thanks Kim

mzjen said...

I think you should post a picture of your sock yarn stash!

AdrieneJ said...

That is a fascinating process! So cool!

2paw said...

Oh what gorgeous colours in the socks. I would never guess they would knit up so beautifully!!!

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

I absolutely LOVE these Monika! WOWOWOW! I need to get my hands on some of that yarn! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Zenitude said...

Number 4 is my favorite! I'm so envious of all those beauties!

monica said...

I love all of them! What pattern did you use??

Anonymous said...

LOVELY - I like #s 4 and 5 the best!
margieinmaryland

Walden said...

Love all of the variety!

Robin said...

I never really like the look of sock blanks but they look great knit up!

CC said...

Is there a pattern for #4 socks or did you just do garter and stockinette stripes. Looks like 4 rows of garter (2 garter ridges?)

I'm amazed at the finished socks versus the dyed blanks. They're all wonderful.