Friday, March 29, 2013

Not a handspun Friday

I know it's supposed to be handspun Friday, but nothing is written in stone!

I just had fun watching Chinese crackers unfold in hot oil! (Yeah, I know, I'm easily entertained.)

My son brought home a box of these crackers, which look like colored glass before you throw them into hot oil.  He got them from friends, and I'm grateful for this new experience.

So here's a before picture:

multicolored Chinese Crackers

And here's the after picture:

multicolored Chinese Crackers

I will try one for sure! :o)

By the way, if you celebrate Easter, or even if you don't, I wish you all a wonderful weekend!



6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow, look at those colours. Is it wrong that I see yarn dyeing?

Anonymous said...

Can you tell us what they are called and where they might be available? I have a great shopping area here in Victoria's Chinatown.

2paw said...

I love prawn crackers, but have never seen them in so many colours!! I hope you have had a lovely Easter, ours is just about over. No chocolate for The Labradors though!!

Sharon said...

I've tried these crackers and the didn't have much flavor, so what did you do to make them more flavorful? They sure are pretty though.

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Pretty crackers! Almost a shame to cook them. :)

monica said...

What did you think of them? When we order fried chicken in Chinese restaurants they add these as a sort of decoration. As kids we always fought to eat them but as an adult all I can taste is salt. :)